Welcome from the Great White North!
The MacGregor Family (Zack, Lindsay, Willem & Anders) #774, are super excited to be hosting the 2023 Convention in our hometown of Saskatoon, SK, Canada! Not only will this be the first Canadian convention, it will also be the 30th annual convention. No pressure!
Come on out June 22 – 24th, 2023 (Thurs – Sat). We are also hosting an awesome early bird BBQ on Wed, June 21st.
Online Registration Form – CLICK HERE
The BBQ will be at a local museum that our family loves. With your meal you will get entrance to go through the entire museum as well. Check it out at www.wdm.ca/saskatoon
A bit about Saskatoon
Saskatoon straddles the South Saskatchewan River in the central region of the province of Saskatchewan. It is located along the Trans-Canada Yellowhead Highway (hwy 16). Home to the University of Saskatchewan, the Meewasin Valley Authority (which protects the South Saskatchewan River and provides for the city’s popular riverbank park spaces), and Wanuskewin Heritage Park. Saskatoon is named after the saskatoon berry which is native to the region, and is itself derived from the Cree misâskwatômina. The city has nine river crossings and is nicknamed “Paris of the Prairies” and “Bridge City”. Saskatoon hosts multiple festivals and events per year, from performing arts to festivals in our many parks along the river, to a huge exhibition with rides and vendors. The city has many museums and galleries to check out from art, planes, railways, and more. There is more to do here than meets the eye, and we can’t wait to show our beautiful city off.
Convention Site and Details
Prairieland Park – World Trade Centre is located at 503 Ruth St West, on the South end of the city close to Circle Drive for easier access. Prairieland Park consists of six halls, connected by a gorgeous common foyer, with seven digital screens directing guests through the facility. The versatility creates an optimum environment for both large and small events.
We will be located in Hall C, renovated in 2020, the hall offers incredible customizable lighting throughout the room. There are 2 – 40’x30’ meeting rooms with soundproof air walls and can be created into 4 – 20’x30’ meeting rooms.
Travelling to the convention
You have a few options to get to Saskatoon.
If you come by car the major highways that run to and through the city are Hwy 7, Hwy 14, Hwy 11, and Hwy 5.
You can also fly into our airport! It is an international airport, but you may not get a direct flight to our airport. John G. Diefenbaker, code is yxe, airport website https://skyxe.ca/en-us/
You can come by train using ViaRail. There are no rental vehicles there so please be prepared to grab a taxi. The station located at 1701 Chappell Drive, Saskatoon, SK Information and reservation T : (888) 842-7245 https://www.viarail.ca/en
We have booked a block of rooms at the Sandman Signature located at 2815 Lorne Ave the bookable dates are: JUNE 21-25, 2023 Blocked the following room types:
- Two Queen Guestroom (2 queen beds)
- King Guestroom (1 king bed and a pull-out sofa bed)
Special rate of $134.00/night CAD plus applicable taxes. Reservations can be made by telephone at 1-800-SANDMAN or directly with the hotel at 1-306-518-7263. Guests must ask for the Group Booking Code #2306INTERN (International Coleman Collectors Club)to receive the special rate.
We have a beautiful campground right in the heart of the city! Gordon Howe Campground doesn’t officially have group camping but has been kind enough to help our group camp together. When you call to book, ask for Lorraine and mention that you’re part of the Coleman Lantern group. They will contact everyone in the spring before camping starts up so you can book spots near each other. The campground is located at 1640 Avenue P South. You can call either Toll Free: 1-866-855-6655 or 1-306-975-3328
Amenities on site: Showers, bathrooms, wood for fires, dump and water station, laundry, and more!! There is also a playground for kids! Rates in 2022: $39/nt – $46/nt CAD serviced sites
- The Western Development Museum. If you aren’t able to be here for the Early Bird BBQ, be sure to check out the WDM! It is a family favourite and a great museum.
- Bringing the family? Nutrien Playland and Kinsmen park are a great one spot stop with a few rides (even adults love them), a small water area, and play area.
- Natural Science Museum at the UofS, this is our little homage to everything pre-era. Dinosaurs, fossils, dirt, birds, fish, etc.
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo is not like every big city zoo, but it has been under some great renovations lately and it is a little zoo with a lot of heart. Mind the geese!
- Adults just want a break? Head shopping or dining to one of our awesome local districts (Broadway and Riversdale).
U.S. / Canada Border
Items you can’t bring into Canada:
Below is a general list of items you are prohibited from bringing into Canada:
- Fresh fruit
- Firewood. Campers should buy firewood on site, burn firewood on site, and leave all unused firewood on site.
- Most types of weapons such as tasers, brass knuckles, and pepper spray.
- Certain knives, even those used for hunting or fishing.
- Radar detectors
- Obscene material, hate propaganda and child pornography. They can inspect your laptops, cellphones and other computer equipment to see what you have on them.
Many travellers fail to declare items such as:
- processed or canned foods
- homemade food
- handmade crafts, such as wooden items
- cooked or cured meats
- bait for recreational fishing
- plants used for homoeopathic or medicinal purposes
- milk products, such as butter, yogurt, kefir
- fruits and vegetables.
Travellers may not realize the hazards associated with food, plant and animal products. These products may carry invasive species and diseases and may cause risks to Canada’s food supply, economy, environment and our health.
We have more information on our website: https://saskatooncoleman.wixsite.com/2023iccc
or our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/375869260479410
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Can’t wait to see everyone here!
The MacGregor Family – Zack, Lindsay, Willem & Anders